Following the wishes expressed in the 2011 survey on our IST services (see the survey results):
– the Information Toolkit page that you found too dense has been simplified,
– the “google math-comp article” service has been abandoned due to lack of demand,
– materials can be loaned for longer,
– your registration as a reader will from now on be automatic (to verify, complete your “personal details” [restricted access])
– HAL help is now available in English,
– bibtex exports from Haltools have been improved.
And the following are under consideration:
– a single access point for paper and online documentary resources,
– a new version of bib2hal,
– adding videos, appendices etc. to a HAL submission without the need to create a new version,
– adding new types of documents to HAL-Inria+.