Yacy (Yet Another Cyberspace) is a search engine hosted locally on your machine and whose main characteristic is its ability to operate in peer-to-peer network. The indexing of web pages is then decentralized.
- Yacy does not store user data.
- Yacy does not index private pages (those that require identification).
- Some search operators are available in the search options.
- Very complete set of parameters (user management, indexing vocabulary of administration, network monitoring, black list management, …).
- open source.
- Requires many users to achieve efficient indexing.
Web site : http://yacy.net/en/
Operating systems : Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux
Licence : GNU General Public License
Tutorials : http://yacy.net/en/Tutorials.html